01 May, 2011

Cheese Cake (for cheaters)

I made this for the 4th of July last year, and we shared it with Luke's family here in Indiana. I didn't want to spend all day in the kitchen fretting over a new recipe, and I do feel that a person has the right to cheat when it comes to dessert. Especially when there are so many predictably good instant mixes out there.

I simply followed the instant cheese cake recipe, but split the batter up into three bowls, meanwhile I boiled blueberries with a spoonful of sugar and reduced to a jam like consistency. In another pot I did the same thing with a handful of my strawberries, but I added a splash of lemon juice. I mixed the blue berries in one bowl, the strawberry concentrate in another and left the third plain. I layered this on a graham cracker crust which I had already baked.

Everyone enjoyed it! 

No comments: